When installing Netmon service on a Windows 7 PC you recieve the error:
“filters currently installed on the system have reached the limit”
Windows 7 has a default limit set to 8. You are able to manually increase this limit to 14:
To resolve this problem, you will need to adjust the value of HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Network\
- Click Start , click Run , type regedit , and then click OK .
- Locate and then click the following registry subkey: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Network\
- In the right pane, right-click MaxNumFilters, and then click Modify
- Change the value to “14”, and click to select the Decimal option, and then click OK.
- Close the Registry Editor
If this value is already set to 14 you may need to uninstall some of the other network filter drivers.
No reboot required.